Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sidewinder Question

Mine seems to be slipping. Not the belt, but the container seems to slip on the gears. I thought I might be missing some kind of a rubber band that might go around the edge to help it grip better, but...... don't see anything like that on any pictures I can find. Gears are bare metal... and it appears it's wearing on the tub??

help help

Mr. Clean,

My RCBS Sidewinder tumbler works well, the tub rides on two knurled steel bushings on each of two rotating shafts (one on each side).

The attached pictures are a little out of focus, apparently I need more ambient light for a good focus.

post-2869-1208044821.jpg

post-2869-1208044896.jpg

Edited by Michael Carlin

Thanks, I think that answers one of my questions. There are no rubber bands or anything else I am missing around the edges of the tumbler that rides on the metal gears. The hard plastic of the tumbler rides directly on top of those gears. I thought maybe there was a rubber 'ring' or something that I was missing. I was concerned of the gears eating up the plastic over time because mine seemed to be slipping. I'm going to clean and oil it today and I also think part of my problem was that I didn't have much media or brass in there. Was just 'testing it out' with a little. But I think w/o enough weight, it was causing it to slip a little.

Thanks again for the pics!!