Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Digital Video Cameras

What are the preferred choices for video-recording practice for analysis/correction?

I do not own a video camera per se, my Canon A95 Power Shot will take video but is there a better choice for say under $500? For 1000?

Your comments? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Michael Carlin

Hey Mike- I hate to say it, but there has been a ton of threads on this same subject. A few searches will yield more than enough info, tips and suggestions. This link will get you started. ;)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...2Bvideo+cameras

Rocket,

I read several threads, I do not think we are talking the same thing here. I am referring to a camera to place on a tripod and film a shooter so he or she can review a external view of their performance. Not really sure that a helmet camera is the answer. Anyway thanks for your response.

Despite complaints from others about proprietary software (which I'm not a fan of either)... I've been pretty happy with Sony's camcorders (Handycams). I recently utilized their "trade-in" program and replaced my DCR-DVD101 with their DCR-DVD810. It really has all the options that my 101 had and more, for less $. I would recommend their 108, 308, 408 etc. line for ease of use with the mini DVDs. I wasn't really impressed with the hard-drive cameras (personal preference) so I went with the 810 for its versatility and hybrid recording. I looked into the HD (high def) cameras and decided against them for their current technological restrictions (in relation to video editing). Unless you ONLY want to view your videos for personal improvement (which will change, I promise!) I HIGHLY recommend against any videos that only record in DVD format... look for MPEG2 (SD) or similar.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...categoryId=3561