Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA ?

DaBird

Hello,

I'm looking for a reason to get ANOTHER handgun :rolleyes: I just LOVE 10mm and 38Super ---- was thinking that with a EAA/Tanfoglio, I could use a top end 10mm for Major and the 38Super top end for Production. My problem is ---- I really like the Witness Elite “Match” -- BUT it is a single action only firearm. So my question is --- what would I need to convert a Elite Match to a double action ?? I searched Eric G. EAA website and the CZ forums but I could not find much info on converting to DA.

Thanks in advance ----- DaBird -- USPSA#L937

Hello,

I'm looking for a reason to get ANOTHER handgun :rolleyes: I just LOVE 10mm and 38Super ---- was thinking that with a EAA/Tanfoglio, I could use a top end 10mm for Major and the 38Super top end for Production. My problem is ---- I really like the Witness Elite “Match” -- BUT it is a single action only firearm. So my question is --- what would I need to convert a Elite Match to a double action ?? I searched Eric G. EAA website and the CZ forums but I could not find much info on converting to DA.

Thanks in advance ----- DaBird -- USPSA#L937

Ask Henning. He's the man. Post in the Dealers Forum under the EAA/Tanfoglios Shop group.

To convert the single action guns to DA/SA you need a new hammer, interrupter, and interrupter pin. But, the Match still wouldn't be production legal, given that it has a longer slide & barrel.

For Production, currently the only EAA Witness Elite series pistol that is legal would be the Stock. To convert it to SAO, you'd just have to remove the interrupter and pin, but even then, I don't think it would be legal for Limited.

Hello,

Thanks Krautwagen --- that is the kind of information I am looking for. And I also THINK?? , I would need a DA trigger ?? BTW -- I am going to send a email to USPSA and ask if the mod I am wondering about would be legal for Production. I would hope it is as a Elite Match converted to DA , would be like a EAA Stock ???

We will see and I will post the "higher ups" ansewer when I get it.

Thanks again --- DaBird

Yes, you would also need the trigger, sorry about that.

No need to email NROI, I asked that EXACT same question a few months ago - it's a no go for the exact reason's I specified. I wanted to make my 9mm Match Production legal...

Hope that helps,

Dave