Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no 550B casefeeder for .223 cal?

Can someone tell me why there is no Dillon casefeeder offered for the 550B in small rifle .223 cal?

From what I have seen and heard there are many of us who would buy one if it were offered.

All I have heard is "that they will never make one". They I assuming is Dillon.

Why is that?

Has anyone seen an aftermarket casefeeder for the 550B offered for .223 cal?

A 650 or a 1050 is not in the cards right now so the suggestion to upgrade is out. Painful admission but true.

My understanding is that when the design was done to add a case feeder to a 550 there was not enough room to allow it to feed Rifle length cartridges.

As to affording a 650. Take a hard look at the pricing. The 550 casefeeder is more expensive than a 650 casefeeder, making only a $160 difference in price if you set up a 550w/casefeeder versus a 650w/casefeeder. I know a couple of guys at our club just sold there 550 and upgraded to 650 when they were looking at casefeeders.

Anyone tried to adapt a 650 casefeeder in .223 cal to a 550B press set up in any way to at least improve the 550B system of operation?

Something like at least dropping the case into a position where it would at least be more ergonomically simpler to place the case in the #1 position in the press. That might be a stretch for making the 550B a better press and I know I lose points in the thread for using a foo foo word like "ergonomically". My apoligies.

Anyone know of an aftermarket company that might make a caseffeder system that would adapt or modify the system operation to the 550B.

I was thinking along the lines of how the KISS bullet feeder adapts to the 550B, a company like that.