Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold Bullets Brass Jacket??

Hagop

Guest Brad Stahlberg

I have an SV fit with one of Schuemanns standard (non AET) barrels and an SV fit with a Barsto Barrel. Both shoot equally accurate with Mt Gold bullets. The Schuemann barreled gun has the most rounds through it with no problems at all. I'm using the same load in both guns with basically identical power factors.

Gentlemen/Ladies,

FFT

I should have added this at the beginning of the post....not that it may have made any difference.

And that would have been the definition of these two alloys if you will

COPPER: Is a tough, reddish-brown, metallic chemical element which occurs in various ores. Copper resists rust and is easily shaped into thin sheets or fine wire.

It is also known to be an excellent condutor of heat.

BRASS: Is a metal that is usually a yellowish color and an alloy of copper and zinc, in various proportions, commonly two parts of copper, or a little less, to one of zinc. It can be shaped or drawn.

ZINC: Is a hard, bluish-white, metallic chemical element that is brittle and little affected by air and moisture at ordinary temperatures. It is used for coating or galvanizing iron, for roofing, in alloys such as brass.

Ref: {The World Book Dictionary}

hey Jack...I found it interesting about the "statement a fellow IPSC competitor made"  I think I got the same message.  I've been using the MG's for about a year and I love them...

FYI, if the messenger was who I think it is...he's been using the MG's for about 8 months now ;)

Cheers

Quigley

hey Jack...I found it interesting about the "statement a fellow IPSC competitor made"  I think I got the same message.  I've been using the MG's for about a year and I love them...

FYI, if the messenger was who I think it is...he's been using the MG's for about 8 months now ;)

Cheers

Quigley

• 2 months later...