Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The mental game...

betterment

On a plus note I have found out that there is a nice club with in a hours drive of where I plan on moving. So, once we get to Nebraska and buy a house, I atleast know that there will be an outlet for my shooting.

Things are looking up. It might be time to start saving for an STI and a 650 after all... ^_^

• 8 months later...

Moved to NE in August. I live less then a half mile from an indoor range, but have not shot since I left PA. I have spent my spare money stocking up on supplies and hope to make it to a match in April. On January 5'th I intend on starting to dry fire again. Just need to get motivated...

• 3 weeks later...

It is a good start to do what you say you are going to do. Today -- as I told myself, I would -- I spent a half hour dry firing. I did not use any USPSA targets, just light switches and such. I am finally moving through Brian's book and atleast on paper there are a few things clicking for me. As I begin this second phase of my shooting I have a few more details to be aware of. None the less there are numerous things I need to work on, even in dry firing.

It's comming back!

I feel like if I can afford enough range time and dry fire (purposly) that I can achieve my goal.

2009 shooting goal is to make B class in production (needing to get an XD9tac, so I can shoot factory ammo cheaply; not in the position to have press currently).

*Depending on gun "issues/avialibility" I will set my goal as B in Limited 10 (I already have the gun, but ammo is more costly).

Draws and front sight focus are feeling good, I should be getting my first range time in 6 months next week.

Went to the range today to break in the barrel on my JP. Did not do any pistol shooting but I certainly realize that I will really need to study well to become a good rifle shooter. However, pistol is the primary focus.

Just for kicks today I got to shoot a Desert Eagle .50 today...lot of gun, lot of power not much practical application.

On Tuesday night I shot a single stage match at a local indoor range, not too many pure IPSC guys there but the stage design was pleasant and should be a nice match to go to when I am off.

None the less I need to remember to see the top center of the front sight.

I just got back from the range today. I brought the .22 out and was interested in just focusing on sight allignment and then doing some strong/weak hand shooting. I was able to accomplish all of that and got to practice alot of malfunction drills as I was shooting a diffrent brand of ammo causing my gun not to cycle properly. It was a little annoying but it was nice to see my reflex's. I shot 200 rds and sure it was only .22 but I think this year atleast, I will be shooting alot of .22 to drill sight picture/alignment into my head and really develope my strong/weak hand shooting. Mix in some 9mm and .40 into the mix and hopefuly with some focus I will be able to maintain the pace and awareness.