Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

V V N-340 For .40 S&W

buddy_fuentes

I searched through about 16 pages, reading every post, and found two references to V V N-340 Powder and forty caliber ammo. Does anyone have any data on this powder with these bullets (moly coated 155 grain and 180 grain)? I accidentally ordered four pounds of 340 instead of 320 and need to make good use of it. HELP!

I am shooting an Edge.

Thanks, Buddy

Buddy, one of the guys I am going to shoot with tomorrow loads 40 with N340 with 180 jacketed bullets. They feel surprisingly good, reasonably clean, and consistant. I will try to remember to ask him tomorrow for load data, at the least it will be a good starting point for the 180 coated bullets......

The former owner of my new-to-me STI limited gun supplied me with a box of his old ammo loaded for the old pf. The load is a 180 MG over 6.1 gr of n340 with WSP at 1.175. I chrono'd it in July at altitute [c. 7,500 ft], with an avg. of 998 fps, for 180 pf. It was snappy, but very quick back on target. I'm not very familiar with n340, but with 180 moly I would start around 5.2 and work my way up. Cheers,

-br