Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which speedloader ?

sniperdog

Well after 30 years of shooting I finally got my first revolver a S&W Model 686 7 shot. Since I can't find the hole in the bottom to stuff rounds in I guess I need some speed loaders. What is the recommendation from the experts on which speedl oaders I should get. I plan to start shooting some ICORE.

Mr. Dog,

I don't know what 7-shot speedloaders are out there or which would be better. I'd suggest you have the cylinder modified to accept mooncips and get Mr. Hearth to make you some.

Welcome to the REVOlution!

:cheers:

The only speedloaders that I've seen for the 7-shot model are HKS and S.L. Variant. The HKS are common and relatively inexpensive but are not the best for action shooting. S.L. Variant speedloaders are expensive and almost impossible to find in the U.S. anymore. I believe they are German(?) company. If you can have the cylinder cut for moonclips as Nemo suggested it will be your best bet in the long run. Just make sure it's cut so you can still use it without moonclips if you so desire.

Clark Industries in Louisiana does moonclip conversion. I believe Randy Lee also does them. Run a search in the revolver forum and see what you come up with. I know it has been discussed before and there will probably be some contact numbers for you to use. Good luck!