Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision 125 gr for a 38

lowgg

I just got a bunch of these and I really don't see any data tp support a workup load, Does someone have some info on these? Thanks

P.S. these are not the Delta bullets

.38 Special? .38 Super? IDPA? USPSA? ICORE? Enquiring minds need to know in order to give you an answer. :)

Just in general, find data for the powder you want to use (if you don't have a manual, you can look it up on line). If you can't find lead bullet data for that powder, use the starting loads for that weight jacketed bullets, being careful to load it to the same overall length. Taper crimp to about .378-.380 (since the Precision bullets don't have a crimp groove). That ought to get you started. ;)

Just in general, find data for the powder you want to use (if you don't have a manual, you can look it up on line). If you can't find lead bullet data for that powder, use the starting loads for that weight jacketed bullets, being careful to load it to the same overall length. Taper crimp to about .378-.380 (since the Precision bullets don't have a crimp groove). That ought to get you started. ;)

Thanks alot for the info. One other question, are the Dillion carbide dies for 38/357 considered tapered? It looks like it to me.

The crimp die in their .38/.357 set is a roll crimp die. You have to order a taper crimp .38 die if you want one - they're easy to find, just not standard equipment.

OH :surprise: I never realized roll crimp is only for bullets with a groove! I've loaded a bunch of 38 spl with ungrooved bullets with my standard dillon die :blush:

The crimp die in their .38/.357 set is a roll crimp die. You have to order a taper crimp .38 die if you want one - they're easy to find, just not standard equipment.

OH :surprise: I never realized roll crimp is only for bullets with a groove! I've loaded a bunch of 38 spl with ungrooved bullets with my standard dillon die :blush:

Oops, me too.