Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A little extra striker force

JFD

I change striker and trigger springs every 5000 rounds at least.

Getting 1 or 2 light strikes out of 100 from WSP primers has been the norm since first trying a light spring, even before the RS kit.

I bought 2 of the LS lightened steel strikers and I think the trigger feels just a hair better. The guy on e-bay mentioned above still has them for $55.

I don't know exactly what that gold finish is, but a light stoning and polishing (major improvement) didn't hurt it.

Damned if I didn't forget all about trying WSP primers :wacko: Since finding more Federals it slipped my mind. I'm going to load up 300 for our next practice session and see what happens. If it will light up all 300, then that's a very good sign. The gun has always failed to light up at least 1 round out of 100.

Clue me in to why marine spring cups would be a help. I've never seen any to know what help they might be.

I checked the striker for possible FP safety plunger contact and all appears to be well.

Another relevation while checking the FP safety plunger issue is this isn't a RS trigger anymore and I really have no idea if WSP primers are an issue or not (besides just not trusting them from the early days). Since getting the RS trigger kit and seeing what he did to the stock parts, I've been playing with stock parts as well for some months. Turns out the RS parts are in my spare parts kit, as I liked my trigger slightly better.

So excuse me while I smack myself in the head.....Of course not too hard a smack as the LS striker was a slight improvement in "feel" and may still help reliability.....Time to load up some WSP ammo and see what the hell happens.

I don't know exactly what that gold finish is, but a light stoning and polishing (major improvement) didn't hurt it.

Clue me in to why marine spring cups would be a help. I've never seen any to know what help they might be.

The gold finish is titanium nitride, a common treatment for all kinds of metal friction surfaces.

Marine cups make less contact with the channel liner (slightly less friction), and leave a little room for crud in the channel to pass by freely, with less chance of interferance with striker action.

post-6037-1182262530.jpg

Edited by SouthpawG26