Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem: Bushnell HOLO Sight

colohad

I was given a HOLO sight by my boss. It worked fine out of the box. However, I had to pack it away before being able to mount and use it. It has less than one hour's time on it.

Now, when I turn it on, the sight is blurred. This is the model 50-0021. The earlier model that is slightly larger than their new model.

I've tried new batteries. Any ideas on cause & cure for this problem?

Thanks.

colohad

I think the patterns are generated by a diffraction grating.  It might simply be dirty.  The port for the laser output is on the shooter's side of the sight, so you might poke around and see if it's gooped up.  Don't ask me what to clean it with.  A camera blower brush is probably a safe bet.

E

• 9 months later...

I know this might sound silly but.......

In the directions for a different holo i found a note about blurred reticle picture when closing one eye

I found this to be true on my bushnell.I found playing with the intensity level helped.

Be carefull cleaning that sucker as it will scratch pretty easily,scope coat makes a cool little cover when you get it cleaned.

depending on the distance held away from you eyes the standard rectical may look a little fractured :huh: "blurry". try holding it about arms length, i assume its for a pistol, and the recticle should should be better defined and less blurry. clean the lens carefully as well as the diode housing for the laser as mentioned above. hope that helps, good shooting!