Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Shell Loader Idea

And just where are you going to put the end off it after you load the first shell. Can't rotate the shotgun like a rev. cyl. so it wouldn't work. Also it would probably bump you to open where you would get your ass handed to you by the regular tech loader which would load 4 while you're still fumbling with the second shell.

Well, it wouldn't have to be *just* like a speed strip. You could project the bits that hold the shell away from the main body of the stripper so that they'd fit around the receiver. Something like:

O O O O

========

Where the O are the shells and the = are the body of the stripper.

You could eve make a star shaped one :

O

[

O====O

[

O Might even be able to do a 5 or 6 point star.

Whether a device such as this would put you in Open would be something NROI would have to hash out. I cant find anything in the rules that explains what qualities a piece of equipment must have to be a "speed loading device". At the basic level any kind of holder except the 25 round box is some sort of the speed loading device. I dont see something like this being any more Open'ish than that tube that hangs under the barrel. I really don't see a device/method like this as being any faster than the person that can grab 4 and load is capable of. But it might be faster to get 4 for the guy that can only handle 3 at a time. In any case, its not a big deal....I just saw a picture of a speed strip yesterday and thought there might be a SG loader idea in there somewhere.