Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which High Cap Mags For 5906

TLD

It is clear to me from my very limited experience this year in IPSC (I've been shooting mostly steel and "outlaw" three gun with my 1911) that it would be an advantage to have at least 16 +1 rounds to get two stages, in most cases, without a mag change assuming I don't miss.

I have a couple Eagle 17 rounders that I got years ago from CDNN and never had a problem with light duty at the range or shooting steel. CDNN also has some Meg Gar's that seem reasonable at $20. I'm all for a bargain, but $5 for the Eagles doesn't fill me with lots of confidence over the long haul.

I have gobs of factory 15's, but more rounds would be better. Can someone share their mag choices?

Thanks!

Edited by TLD

If you're planning on shooting USPSA Production with that 5906, you're limited to 10+1 in the gun at the beep, and ten rounds in the mags afterwards. I'm not sure how IPSC Production treats aftermarket mags. If you want to shoot Limited, you could use the hicaps.

If you're planning on shooting USPSA Production with that 5906, you're limited to 10+1 in the gun at the beep, and ten rounds in the mags afterwards. I'm not sure how IPSC Production treats aftermarket mags. If you want to shoot Limited, you could use the hicaps.

I'll shoot IPSC with it. I would have to stay with 15 rounds for production. The 17 would still be nice though.

Edited by TLD