Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ron Avery On Beven's Magazines

Ron Avery

In 2001 and 2002, while preparing for the US team in the upcoming World Shoot in South Africa, I had Beven prepare all my magazines. This included the little 16 shooters that we had to use for the box rule as well as the 20 rounders for US competition.

I shot them extensively, thru dust, heat, cold, sand, mud and grit from the pistol itself. I shot them when one could feel the intense pressure of competition; when the little problems would manifest themselves and become big, both in your mind and in the competition.

Beven didn't just tune my magazines, he gave me peace of mind and confidence in my equipment. I not only knew they would work, I had FAITH that they would not fail me when I needed them to work.

You can try to do it yourself of course, save a few bucks here and there. Then the day will come when it is going to really count if your equipment is up to spec. Therein lies the difference between professional tuning and putting some parts in.

For me, it was worth the peace of mind to have a professional do the highest quality job with my goals in mind.

Thank You Beven.

Ron Avery