Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Champion

xdrocker

Anyone here have any info on the cz75 champion in either 9 or 40. Not trying to set any records, but a reliable open gun for $1000 would be hard to pass up.

I thought about the same thing. I checked with Angus Hobdell of CZ-USA/ghostholster.com and he mentioned he has not used the champion for anything but minor loads for the steel challenge and was not confident about running major power factor rounds through it and having it last.

I have a CZ-75 Champion in 9mm for a while now.

I have been experimenting with it for some time, and it seems to be holding up fine with my 9mm Major loads. Frankly, the frame size/strength does not seem to be any different than its slightly more "elongated" sibling. There are some major differences when compared to an EAA Gold Team, but that's another story.

Most of the compensators presently available for the CZ-75 Champion, since the barrel is removed from the rear, are not that efficient. That is why I have been designing one of my Hyper-Jet Comps for it. This seems to be giving it an edge.

Lately I have heard the rumor (unconfirmed by me so far) that this gun is being withdrawn from the line-up. So, it breaks my heart to hear this after all the work I have put into it. Otherwise the gun is a very nice handling and pointing blaster for Open.

Lately I have heard the rumor (unconfirmed by me so far) that this gun is being withdrawn from the line-up. So, it breaks my heart to hear this after all the work I have put into it. Otherwise the gun is a very nice handling and pointing blaster for Open.

Apparently, some of the Czech shooters are using 9mm open guns built on the larger TS frame. Difference is that the TS frame is larger and can handle ammo out to 1.170" while the Champ uses a standard 9mm CZ-75 frame which is a little smaller.

It should hold up just as well, if not better, than the old Srpingfield Armory/tanfoglio P-9 open guns that were fed a constant diet of 175+ PF ammo and later converted to 9x21.