Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oklahoma Single Stack & Revolver Championship

The application is now posted at the USSA website for the Oklahoma Revolver & Single Stack Championship.

Link

For those of you that may not be aware (e.g. you've been living under a rock for the past year) USSA was the site for the 2006 USPSA Open/Production Nationals and will be the 2007 site for the Limited/Production/Revolver Nationals in September as well as the Multi-Gun Nationals in October.

This will be a terrific match and a great opportunity for everyone to scope out the venue before Nationals. Whether you plan to shoot Nationals or not in Tulsa, you really need to make your pilgrimage to see this breathtaking facility. If the future of Action Shooting looks like this, it's going to be a wonderful life.

B)

I'm already planning on shooting the Arizona State IDPA match the week prior and the Texas State IDPA match the week after, but I really think I'm going to have to make it to this one too. Three trips, three major matches, three weekends in a row. Busy, busy, busy.

Thanks, Oklahomans, for deciding to have this one. Too cool. B)

I'm already planning on shooting the Arizona State IDPA match the week prior and the Texas State IDPA match the week after, but I really think I'm going to have to make it to this one too. Three trips, three major matches, three weekends in a row. Busy, busy, busy.

Thanks, Oklahomans, for deciding to have this one. Too cool. B)

It'll be great to have you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Revolver + single stack-only seems like a great idea for a big match in states like NJ, NY, MA & CA (and the country of Canada) where there are significant handgun restrictions which would generally not apply to most USPSA revolvers and single stack guns. Look forward to the after action report.

Revolver + single stack-only seems like a great idea for a big match in states like NJ, NY, MA & CA (and the country of Canada) where there are significant handgun restrictions which would generally not apply to most USPSA revolvers and single stack guns. Look forward to the after action report.

Yeah, the IRC is a HUGE match in California, and S&W does pretty well with their big matches back east.

This is our first year at USSA with the Revo/SS sectional. I am optimistic that this venue will provide a good show for the Revo & SS regulars and perhaps entice some of the Limited/Limited 10/Production/Open crowd to leave the hi-cap guns at home and see a different side of the game by playing with "old-school" style equipment that places more emphasis on gun handling skills and accuracy.

BUMP!

Just got off the phone with the Match Director. We are all set up and in the final prep for the match. It sounds like a good turnout signed up. I'll be up there (Tulsa) tomorrow for final touches (and trash removal) for the dance on Saturday.

Come on out and show off that revo & SS style!

This was a fun match with good stages.

It didn't rain on us during the match, but rain prior made it a mud fest. Area A ranged from thick slick mud the consistency of pudding to thick sticky mud, the type that tries to suck your shoes off. Very challenging.

Turn out was ok. 40 shooting Single Stack. 7 Revolver. Torrential rains throughout the Southern Plains States may have impacted that.

I look forward to this match next year... as I do all Single Stack matches.

It was a tough slog. With one day of setup and one day of RO'ing/shooting I was glad to just finish. As the range improvements come together I think we have an opportunity to create an annual event that will be well worth the effort.

Thanks to all that worked and played.

See you on the range.

:)