Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Self Discipline

Merlin Orr

Oh yes ..beep induced brain fade..I suffer from this afliction also.

Sometimes it all comes together and away we go ..other times ...train wreck.

I do find that if I just relax, clear my head of plans or expectations and just shoot, it usually works out well.

If I get all wraped up in do this that, whatever ..I choke :o

Strange as it seems ...I am much faster when I try to go slow :unsure:

As a foot note..B class aint all that bad..and I doubt you will be there for long!

I dont think you have a disipline problem, maybe just a forgot to relax and have fun thing.

best wishes...Jim :)

LOL

Dear Diary,

Guess what the delivery guy brought me today? I almost missed the deal on this thing. It was posted in the classified for almost 10 minutes before I saw it. (note to self: consider 5gal bucket next to computer desk...to avoid long walks to bathroom).

Enough about that...back to my daily affirmations. "I am doomed. I am invincible. I am doomed. I am invincible. I am doomed.

That says it all for me. Many times I feel the same way. :wacko:

OK, pay attention!!!!

I am going to give some great info out here. Just to qualify the info below, it comes from 4 years of being a psych major and 15 years of playing professional golf.

Here goes:

When you go to a match or step to the line to start a stage, and have an outcome in mind, you are asking for big trouble. A low expectation can be a self fulfilling prophecy, whereas a "goal" that is too lofty is going to make you try to shoot beyond your abilities.

Just step up and shoot'em as ya see'em!!! Don't clutter your mind with the outcome.

Merlin

I bet you went to that match thinking of your "A" Card, or at least getting closer to getting it, RATHER than just letting your ability guide you thru the stages and match.

NOW, if I could only pay attention to my own advise :D:D:D

Very good advise and the exact reason I score my golf game by how many balls I lose lol

When you set a high goal you start to psych yourself out and think to much rather than just letting it flow If you just let it flow and give 100% your gonna get where you want to go. If your thinking to much before the beep you already lost.