Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rust Removing

RayB

Rust Problem in Beretta O/U Silver Pig 3

I do clean my guns after every usage However I was not removing the Extended Chokes and cleaning behind them.I would check to be sure they were free.

Problem is this time the choke was so tight I had to use the wrench to get it out.

Found Rust between the Choke and the inside of the Barrel just below the threads.Threads are OK.

Hard spot to get at to Remove Rust Any Ideas on what to Do or Not to Do

Thanks Ray B

I have a collection of high grade O/U shotguns (Perazzi, Krieghoff & Kolar). I use Brake Free on the outside and inside of them. Clean the barrels with BF and get the rust out. If you are going to store the gun for a period of time get some of those wooley snap caps and put a liberal ( not dripping wet) amount of BF on them and put them in the chambers. Run a patch or bore mop with BF down the barrel and also use it on the threads of your choke tubes. Put BF on a rag and wipe off all the metal surfaces.

The Break Free will keep the gun from rusting and is all you need to clean the gun. If you are using it regularly just wipe it down with BF after each use and it will be fine.

If it is in fitted case stand the case up on end so the reciever is facing down so no lubricants bleed into the stock.

Edited by Jaxshooter