Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optima

Avalanche

The sight is alway on it just "sleeps" when the cover is on.  The allen screw on the top is the elevation adjustment and the one on the right side when viewed from the rear is windage.  The screw on the left is a  plug for the spring that keeps pressure on the LED carrier, don't mess with it.  

The best way to "bore sight" it is to remove the firing pin from the gun, clamp the gun it in a vise, place a small spot on the wall that can be seen through the firing pin hole out through the barrel and then adjust the dot to that spot on the wall.  That will get you close, then go shoot some groups and fine tune it.

According to the manual, turning the screws clockwise will make the dot go down or left depending on what your trying to adjust.  If you do the bore sight deal you will see that the adjustments are rather crude and the dot will not go straight up/down or left/right but will wander as you turn the screws.  It does make it hard to get he zero dead on, it can be done its just harder than a scope.

(Edited by TMC at 6:54 pm on July 2, 2002)

Sorry it took so long to reply, on vacation you know..

I had mine about 10 feet from the wall. Thats the distance from my vice to the wall where the set-up would allow me to look though the firing pin hole.  It got me close enough.  At the range I set the zero at about 15 yards and that set-up got me close enough.