Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd Bluegun For Dryfire Practice? Anyone?

recoil7

Hi All -

I recently came across these "Firearm Simulators" from BlueGuns. (www.blueguns.com).

bluegunxd4tu.jpg

I use my XD subcompact for carry and IDPA and I know nothing beats the real thing for dryfire practice but if these are accurate depictions of the XD would it suffice? I travel frequently and have been thinking about this for a while as this may be a way for me to keep doing my dryfire drills while traveling. Mostly drawing and obtaining an accurate sight picture drills. I would be able to pack the bluegun and also the holster for my XDsc without any airport security problems.

If anyone has one of these BlueGuns I would be greatful for your opinion or comments on them. I would love for this to be feasible. Do the sights have dots?

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter 11 has a G17(bluegun) that she is allowed to use when I am not home so she can practice drawing. She is getting ready to shoot her first match next month. The only problem with it is the difference in balance and weight. At somepoint I plan to drill and add some weight.

John