Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Finish Over Hardchrome

jmaracing

:( I believe Ive check through these posts and I havent found who does the

"PVD" black finish, I had a web site a while back and misplace/lost it

the web said they do firearms pistols for 95.00 and on it said not to

send any plastic parts cause the process would destroy them.

Anyone know of this site????

Jim/PA

Sailors custom :huh:

I still haven't found a PVD place that wants to deal with firearms in small quantities yet. Still looking, so let me know when you find it. I think the AlTiNi is the way to go, but here is another option, easy and cheap.

http://burlingtoneng.com/melonite.html

jma

I am always amazed at the gold Titanium Nitride finish on the barrel of my SVI

Even when it is bone dry it feels slick to the touch as if coated with lubricant.

After about 8-10,000 rounds, there are burnish marks on the inside of the slide but the barrel is still pristine.

I did not know that it was possible to coat an entire gun with this stuff, but I can't see holster wear ever being an issue ;)

Geez Bill,...... I guess "subtle" or "low profile" is not in your game plan.

That's gun is a bold statement.

Tls

Yea I am having a fun time with this "subtle" gun. Wait til I have a lull in shooting I am getting it put through a new finishing process. More luster and 10 times better COF or slickness. But the way I am getting my Limited gun done in TiAL which is a deep charcoal grey almost black. I can have your guns processed too.

Yea I am having a fun time with this "subtle" gun. Wait til I have a lull in shooting I am getting it put through a new finishing process. More luster and 10 times better COF or slickness. But the way I am getting my Limited gun done in TiAL which is a deep charcoal grey almost black. I can have your guns processed too.

What's the price for the TiAlNi?

jma

Edited by jmaracing

I have to be evasive since this is a new venture but $250-300 for a prepped ready to coat gun. Finished removed, bead blasted etc.

Cool, but a little much for me. That's the price for Millenium's version (PVD WCC - Tungsten Carbide/Carbon Finish $300), and it was high enough to start me searching on my own. It should be comparable or cheaper than hard-chrome (Tripp Cobra Chrome $180 steel gun minus barrel includes prep), but I understand that it's mostly new to the firearms industry and you gotta find someone willing to do it, make money, etc. I talked to a couple of places and they were all over right up until I said "pistol." Sigh...

jma