Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ro Certification Required For Class Advancement?

Someone said "While some shooter may feel safe shooting it may not be in their comfort zone to run another shooter and be responsible for keeping the range safe."

I feel that if they don't feel comfortable about keeping the range safe, I don't want them on the same range as myself and all other shooters. It is up to every shooter to feel that they are able to keep the range safe, if they do not feel that way, they need to put down the gun until they feel like keeping it safe.

Is there more background to this story than an innocent discussion? It seems you are quite emotional and adament about the subject. The poll results show very few agree with your idea of mandatory RO certification.

No, no hidden story or anything like that. I just personally feel that if you are able to shoot in this sport safely, then you could be a RO. This is a very safe sport and with guns on top of that. I have met so many great people in the many years of shooting this sport and feel that everyone would gain a lot by becoming an RO.

Yes, the polls do show that the vast majority want it to be a choice and I can see why. Like I have said, there have been many voices heard about why it would be a bad thing to do. That is why I posted this topic, to get the opinons of other people around the country, not just 3 tired RO's of an Area match. Thanks again to all who have posted.

....That is why I posted this topic, to get the opinons of other people around the country, not just 3 tired RO's of an Area match. Thanks again to all who have posted.

Maybe another idea for a thread might be "what benefits did you find in becoming an RO" or "what detraments do you find in becoming an RO?". Those that have thought about becoming an RO mind find the comments from the first one useful....USPSA might find the comments from the second more interesting.