Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Rules Proposal

Flexmoney

I must agree with you 98.9%

1) Guns made from parts?? Not Production!!

2) Weld up and change parts?? Not Production!!

3) Changing Factory Settings(to an Extreme)?? Not Production!!

Now come the one item I'm not in 100% agreement with... Stailess Guns??

Well, I have a very nice 4" S&W 5906, This was a Police Turn-In that I got back in 98 from RSR, the gun Distributor for $289.99 Shipped. I can't use it in Production because I rounded up and Blended all Sharp Edges in the Frame (this is before Production was invented), added front Cocking Serrations and Bead Blasted the frame. So I have "External Modifications". Briley also changed the barrel and all springs, and geve it a sweet Action Job. It's a SWEET SHOOTER!! But.... IMHO stainless is not all is cracked up to be!! YES, it takes up most of the 9mm recoil, but you also have to swing around all that extra woeight too!! So you win in some and loose in some!! I really don't think you are getting all that extra advantage that you think you are getting. So I really don't have a problem with the ALL STAINLESS Guns. The S&W is a great Expample of a gun that has evolved form the Original 59 to the great gun it is today!! I really wish I could use my 5906, but I really don't thik it would be an allowable gun in todays Production.

Except some of us don't think you should be able to shoot heavy all stainless guns, maybe you shouldn't be able to shoot guns that are made up of parts from guns that are not easily available (how long have you been waiting for that 5" 5906, 3 or 4 months?), and whats with being able to weld up and change parts to shorten up the take up on your trigger, that's changing the factory setting.

Either it is box stock (and then you have to put up with the factory race guns).

OR

It is a clearly defined set of rules.

Pick one.

Edited by ysued

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have a very nice 5" S&W 5906, This was a Police Turn-In that I got back in 98 from RSR, the gun Distributor for $289.99 Shipped.

Y,

You meant to say a 4-inch 5906? Right? I don't think 5" 5906s (The Flentz Special :o )were ever issued to any police force and you definitely cannot get one for $289.99!

Sorry about the misinformation about the XD. I checked the IPSC production gun list and it is there.

All I have to say is Glock 40 you pretty much said it all. Leave production the HELL ALONE! Now is not the time for changes.

Please expand your thoughts!!

I have given examples of what needs to change.

So do you really think that Production Rules are "CRYSTAL CLEAR"??

IMHO, I think they need some clarification and Minor changes, I don;t want to repeat myself, but in order to prevent an un-controlled "EVOLUTION" to a Limited, Minor, DA Class, Production Rules must be defined, once and for all!!

Do you want a Even Palying Field??

I do!!

Well, I have a very nice 5" S&W 5906, This was a Police Turn-In that I got back in 98 from RSR, the gun Distributor for $289.99 Shipped.

Y,

You meant to say a 4-inch 5906? Right? I don't think 5" 5906s (The Flentz Special :o )were ever issued to any police force and you definitely cannot get one for $289.99!

Sorry about the misinformation about the XD. I checked the IPSC production gun list and it is there.

OOOPS, I'll fix that!! Froidian Slip!! My wife keeps saying that I add a few inches to everything I describe!!

Thanks for the Info on the XD!!

Y

Edited by ysued