Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop Off Accuarcy Question

PFISTO

Good Morning,

I have been shooting for about a year now and most of my shooting has been at IDPA and a 50 foot range I joined. My question since my gun has been sighted in at 50 feet what distance could I expect my gun to maintain it's accuracy. I am shooting a Commander 45. I realize that the hotter the ammo the longer the distance would be and I also realize that without specific numbers it's hard to give a answer but lets asume that a velocity of around 825-850 as a number as this would be my IDPA LOAD.

Thanks mike

Good Morning,

I have been shooting for about a year now and most of my shooting has been at IDPA and a 50 foot range I joined. My question since my gun has been sighted in at 50 feet what distance could I expect my gun to maintain it's accuracy. I am shooting a Commander 45. I realize that the hotter the ammo the longer the distance would be and I also realize that without specific numbers it's hard to give a answer but lets asume that a velocity of around 825-850 as a number as this would be my IDPA LOAD.

Thanks mike

If you scroll through this thread: Thread it has a ballistics calculator that you can play with....