Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI vs Wolff striker springs

DeepFried

Now that I am shooting low cost a.k.a. very hard primers, the lighter striker springs are an issue as they become weaker.

I want to say Ben Stoeger has talked about using the TTI Springs in his YouTube videos for multiple tens of thousands of rounds without issue, including very hard primer frange ammo.

Admittedly, I don’t know anything about frangible ammo or what type of primer they use.

Does anybody have experience with wolf and TTI for longevity? They are both about 4. 5#. After about 3000 rounds, the Wolf Springs are resulting in a significantly higher number of light strikes for me.  

Yes, I know springs are cheap and easy to swap. But it’s an annoying having to track it closely.

Ghost sells a 6.5lb striker spring. Never had a light strike after putting one of those in. Well over 5K rounds on my current spring and still haven't experienced any light strikes. They're cheap enough to replace whenever needed. Just buy a couple of their 3 packs so you have spares on hand. 

25 minutes ago, Aar0n_K said:

Ghost sells a 6.5lb striker spring. Never had a light strike after putting one of those in. Well over 5K rounds on my current spring and still haven't experienced any light strikes. They're cheap enough to replace whenever needed. Just buy a couple of their 3 packs so you have spares on hand. 

Why not just run stock? They last ‘forever’

I am trying to reduce pull weight, not increase it. The result with Wolf Springs is great, they just wear out quickly.

8 minutes ago, DeepFried said:

Why not just run stock? They last ‘forever’

I am trying to reduce pull weight, not increase it. The result with Wolf Springs is great, they just wear out quickly.

My mistake. I run Timneys so I keep forgetting that the striker spring affects pull weight on the factory trigger. 

11 hours ago, floater said:

I run the TTI and change in March every year. Not sure what primer you are using, but I've never had light strike issues.

Rough round count per year for you?

after a little more research, I’m suspecting the TTI springs are just a hair stronger than the wolf ones, that or they do have a longer lifespan. 

As cheap as they are, they still cost many times more than the wolf springs. Gonna get some and see what happens.

13 hours ago, DeepFried said:

Rough round count per year for you?

after a little more research, I’m suspecting the TTI springs are just a hair stronger than the wolf ones, that or they do have a longer lifespan. 

As cheap as they are, they still cost many times more than the wolf springs. Gonna get some and see what happens.

Not as much as I use to, but rough guess 10-15K. I just change it each year for peace of mind.