Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for fully indexed magazines for CZ Shadow full size

justinflorida

Hiya folks! I have a CZ Shadow 2 Orange and am in a shooting league where we shoot 6 shots at each target, for 5 distances. The factory magazines hold 17, with index marks (those holes you can see the brass thru) every 5 or so, so its a real PITA to have to count my loadings into multiples of 6. Tougher to do when you have the attention span of a gnat and the retention ability of a sieve.   My buddy took pity on me and loaned me some CZ branded magazines that had index holes in the BACK for every shell. Sweet Jesus how nice! He has a CZ 75 and they fit just fine in my S2Orange, but he won't part with those lil gems.   Does anyone know where I can buy some 17 round fully indexed magazines that fit the Shadow 2?  CZ says pretty much any that fit their full size 75/Shadow etc. will work, and they all can swap the base plate colors out.... I see tons on line but nobody shows a photo or lists in the description that it can give a count for each shell. Any help would be appreciated..Thanks tons!!!

I drilled CZ TS mags before. Those were 10 rds mag. I have to drill out the dimple.

They are surface hardened. Normal drill bits won’t work. I ordered some high end good drill bits and solved the problem. Mag works well.

Not sure about shadow mags however I just put info here in case.

shadow mags are cheaper than TS mags so give a try!

Good info about the copies. The desired borrowed mags have the CZ gun logo on them.... Ive thought about drilling my own holes but there are no dimples in the stock mags to use, but perhaps I could trace the hole distances on the fully indexed mags with a piece of tape and transfer the tape onto the "blank" mags, then drill....a last resort, a the fully indexed ones actually have the number stamped next to each hole and I havent figured out a way to support the mag from the inside while hammering the stamp without the mag shell distorting.... 

So, still looking.....

I have a SP-01 shadow that I use in matches where we load the mags to six rounds. I use Act cz75 17 round mags . They have witness holes on the sides. One side is odd the other side is even. 4 to 16 on one side, 5 to 17 on the other. Mags are good quality, reliable and inexpensive.

7 hours ago, justinflorida said:

Good info about the copies. The desired borrowed mags have the CZ gun logo on them.... Ive thought about drilling my own holes but there are no dimples in the stock mags to use, but perhaps I could trace the hole distances on the fully indexed mags with a piece of tape and transfer the tape onto the "blank" mags, then drill....a last resort, a the fully indexed ones actually have the number stamped next to each hole and I havent figured out a way to support the mag from the inside while hammering the stamp without the mag shell distorting.... 

So, still looking.....

Remove bottom plate and throw cartridges in. You can take measurement of location of each bullet.

You can use engraving pen to mark numbers.

Ororder Act mag like steel shooter mentioned above, he got it right!

https://www.cdnnsports.com/cz75-17rd-9mm-magazine-act-mag.html

Edited by Michaelsabre