Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Hazmat Shipping

Rob Boudrie

I like powder and primer distributors who ship directly in their own fleet of trucks without hazmat (only to a dealer on a group order, but still easily done if you can find a cooperating FFL). If you're in the northeast, Beikirch Ammunition of East Rochester, NY is great to deal with (no VV powders though, and the only bullets are the big names - Speer/Hornady/etc. ... but they are great for Alliant, Winchester and Hogdgon powders as well as Winchester and Federal primers.

I like powder and primer distributors who ship directly in their own fleet of trucks without hazmat (only to a dealer on a group order, but still easily done if you can find a cooperating FFL). If you're in the northeast, Beikirch Ammunition of East Rochester, NY is great to deal with (no VV powders though, and the only bullets are the big names - Speer/Hornady/etc. ... but they are great for Alliant, Winchester and Hogdgon powders as well as Winchester and Federal primers.

I have yet to find a source for reloading components where you can find lower prices than Beikirch's. That goes for shotgun shells and loaded ammo as well. They do stock many brands of bulk bullets both jacketed and plated you just have to ask. Our club purchases all of the sporting clays birds and shells for sale at the club as well as target supplies there. You can't find better prices on long guns anywhere that I know of but it's not like a gun shop, more like a warehouse setting. They don't sell handguns and I've heard the owner has a dislike, but ammo for yes. We are lucky to have a supplier like them so close and local.

Now everybody knows :(