Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 builders

Up until now ive either purchased a custom gun or bought a production and got small parts of it customized.

I have a staccato C2 that while a nice gun it could use 2 things 1 a larger grip and 2 a comp/porting. This is not to be a competition gun by any means it is intended to be a carry.

I scheduled a Monsoon tactical ghengis comp/port job. And bought the Icarus/Taran grip module. The grip is nice but not extreme on the texture and it doesnt come with a MSH. So I have something that looks nothing like the unique texture for my backstrap. I filled in the parts with a Atlas parts. I assumed I would be able to dress it up and send it in with my slide and have it all coated at once. The first step in assembly has me stumped. Both the factory cc2 trigger and Atlas trigger do not go into the frame. It requires significant filing/grinding to get the atlas trigger in and smaller amount but still enough to get the Staccato trigger in. Im not sure of Monsoons capabilities or if there is someone else I should send the frame to in order to get this gun put together.

I do not have experience with the Icarus grip module but when I was putting together my pistol with a Cheely E2 grip, it did take quite a bit of filing, sanding and polishing of the frame to get the Atlas trigger shoe to fit in the trigger channel.  I just went slow taking a little off at a time until I got a tight but smooth and free moving trigger. You can do it yourself with some patience.  Hope this helps.