Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's old is new

Hello all,

I am back from the grave. I first posted about 13 years ago. I was interested in getting involved in shooting sports. Needless to say a series of unfortunate events began to unfold and I was down for the count for a number of years. Well, I am back. I am currently floating back and forth weekly between the east side of Indianapolis, IN and Battle Creek, MI.

I just completed my first competition and man oh man was it fun. My father had a history of bullseye, bowling pin and other competitive shooting back in the 80's and 90's, and I had the chance to attend the pin shoot in Central Lake, MI, which was one that my father had some trophies from and I was able to hear all sorts of stories about how much my dad loved it from my mother. I was overwhelmed by the kindness shown to myself being new to any sort of competitive shooting. It was my first shoot but now I've caught the bug. I had mistakingly Brought a Glock 43x (43 slide on 48 frame), and registered for minor stock pistol as my main event. I was very clearly underprepared and ill equipped. Luckily for me, the son of a gentleman my father was shooting buddies with was also present at the shoot and let me borrow a Glock 34 and that made all the difference. While I certainly wasn't anywhere near the top of my shooting group, I had an absolute blast and learned so much from attending my first shoot!

I am now in the process of setting up a home range at my mothers house to be able to get routine practice in.

I recently graduated college after 10+ years in school and have a great deal more time on my hands to get back to my roots and enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing, shooting, etc.

I apologize for my absence, but I remembered the warm welcome that was shown to me when I joined the sight and the enthusiasm that was present and I wanted to share an update and hopefully be able to contribute as much as I can while learning from the wealth of knowledge present on this forum. 

Warmest regards,

Andrew Pifer