Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI GM connector install results

DeepFried

Searching yields lots of results, however, they don’t align with my recent experience.

installing this connector in a GEN 5 34 gives half a pound increase in pull weight over stock minus connector. I don’t think the pull weight itself is relevant, since you can pull a Glock trigger 1000 different ways. But I’m using the same method each time.

there are many threads on here praising the connector. But it feels terrible and increases the weight for me! Am I missing something?

The plot thickens!

ok, not really. Today I pulled the the trigger assembly in and out 100 times. When installing the TTI kit I also swapped the trigger bar/trigger for another OEM combo, that I had polished and used in another gun previously. (Swapped it for Apex at some point)

the polished trigger bar seems to be the root cause here. After trying both trigger bars and numerous connectors, the one bar is very gritty. Which is interesting because to the naked and magnified eye it’s a mirror finish. The combo of parts is important in these guns due to variety of part fit/finish/dimensions/etc.

In the end I’m down about half a pound and the short reset is nice.