Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting a new Bushnell RXS250 to a 1911....can one just mill a space for it or do i need to buy a separate mount?

wanttolearn

hi, I just ordered a Bushnell RXS250 for my 1911....

Not sure how best to proceed.....can a gunsmith mill out a space to mount it directly on the slide.....or do i have to also purchase a separate mount?

i downloaded the manual and it mentions that the sight uses a Leupold Delta Point pattern.

when i went to the Leupold site it looks like their mount is for a dovetail...i have a bare slide and was hoping not to have the sight mount so high up in a dovetail but would prefer it to mount lower in the slide proper.

also, if adding standard sights to a red dot.....which sights would you recommend as space is at a premium. i'm not too fond of extra dots having grown up with all black target sights.

appreciate any help and recommendations. thank you.

Edited by wanttolearn

• 2 weeks later...

I had the slide milled for the optic by Jordan at Bruce Gray's Grayguns.....he did a beautiful job, I'm very impressed.

The unit has a very clear window and doesn't have that bluish tint that many of the other red dots have. Glad i bought it.

Edited by wanttolearn