Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag capacity in 40

atmar

No problem... I'm using Dawson pads... When I first put them in, 18 was pretty much tops. Now, they all do 19.... And I have #6 followers... I normally don't load them over 18 unless I have to have the extra round... much harder to seat the mag with 19...

Now here's the weird part... On a stage at te North texas Sectional, I had a situation where I needed 20 rounds to avoid a standing reload.... So I loaded my #1 mag with 19 (I thought) rounds... On LAMR, I stripped a round off mag #4 to the chamber and seated mag #1... Now, if everything went as planned, I'd shoot to slide lock and do a reload on the move...

So, I shoot, drop the mag as I start to move, and seat the next mag... But when I went to drop the slide it was already down... So, it cost me a sec to decide if it dropped on any empty chamber... I decided to pull anyway, and it fired... So apparently, it is possible to load 20... ONCE.

Later in the match I had a BUNCH of trouble with that mag failing to feed... I suspect that I toasted the mag spring loading it to 20...

18 reliable, 19 when you have to have... 20 if you have money to burn on one-time use springs... I don't. ;)

I regularly load mine to 19+1 for limited with no problems. ( also using #6 follower, although I don't care much for the new spring retention method with them )

I'm using the 140mm extensions available from TopGlock and glued some cut up mousepads to the bottom of them to act as bumpers 'cause I shoot indoors regularly and am dropping them on concrete.