Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Primafill

m700

I just picked this up and figured Id tell you my thoughts. I had been using the Frankford tube filler and was not thrilled with the bad casting in the primer tray. I used it by placing a dillon tube into the filler and holding it at the right angle. Once I dialed it in by reaming the holes a bit and figured all the angles it was workable I could fill tubes in 10 seconds or so. It started getting weird on large primers again so i figured Id give this a try. I filled 15 tubes so far

Pros:

-The fit and finish is excellent.

-A dillon tube slides right in and is held well with a button release. 

-Its comfortable in the hand.

-Required no tweeking, just needed to figure out the correct angle to hold it.

Cons:

-Its a little slower than the frankford seamed to be 15-20 seconds a tube on average. got faster towards the last one.

-You need to have the cap on (not necessary with frankford)

-$$$

All in all it may not be worth the upgrade if you have the Frankford but if you don't Id say go with this over the frankford for an extra 30 or so

I believe the vibration is a little too powerful, it is slowing down the process and preventing me from running with no cap.

I did get mine with the tubes. the tubes are very nice, I like the color coding lg/sm.  the drop end tips seems durable but pickup end seems unnecessary I figure caps would be better

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/combo-primafill-and-daa-pickup-tubes-10-pack-primer-rack