Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missing A Steel Match This Morning

AustinMike

I hate that I'm having to miss my favorite steel match this morning! :( I had a mole removed from my arm a couple weeks and they found some abnormal cells. So, I had to go back in last Tuesday and they removed a good sized chunk o' skin. Apparently, they went fairly deep and wide to make sure they got it all, since they stitched me up inside and out.

I'm trying to behave myself and give the wound time to heal. I've had something like this before and ripped the stitches out playing drums a few after surgery. The cut is up near the shoulder, so drawing the gun moves things around too much. Feels a lot better today and I thought about gobbling some Tylenol and going for it, but I'm guessing that a morning of fast draw and recoil wouldn't be prudent. Sigh...

Next weekend, I'm shooting two matches, including the extreme round count Coleman 4-H match, no matter what!

On a positive note, my lastest flesh donation looked OK under the microscope, so I'm back to "normal." :wacko: I'm fair skinned, so I'm more susceptible to this sort of thing. Yeah, I wear long sleeves in the heat of summer for reasons other than insanity, Austin folks. ;) Take care of your skin and slather on your sun screen!