Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Helping Victims Of Hurricane Katrina

I'm double posting this to allow more shooters to get involved.

HELLO SHOOTERS

THANK YOU for all of the well wishes and especially the prayers.

My Name is Ray Pierce and I live West of New Orleans.

In this area are doing much better than the people in the New Orleans area, but we are stretching our resources very thin to try and provide shelters, food, medical care and the essentials of life for the refugees we are hosting.

Nicholls State University is in the Thibodaux, which will be our Louisiana Gator Classic Match host city, and there are over 3000 displaced refugees there.

I am a teacher here, and we will be called upon to provide education to many hundreds, maybe thousands, of students who are victims of Katrina in our parish. These students will be classified as Homeless and we will have to provide them with uniforms, materials, books, shoes, everything!

I would like to ask all of you who wish to help the victims of Katrina to adopt one child or one family and provide them with one outfit of clothing and one set of school supplies.

You can mail or ship your donations to me and I will be sure that they are distributed to victims of Katrina at:

Ray J. Pierce

St. Hilary Church

333 Twin Oaks Drive

Raceland LA 70394

The following items are needed:

School Uniforms:

(White Polo-Styled Shirts, Tan Kahki Pants or Shorts, Belts, Shoes, Socks, underwear)

Notebooks

Mesh Bookbags

Pens

Pencils

Note Pads

Crayons

Rulers

Childrens Books

Some shooters had asked about sending money.

Checks can be made payable to: St. Hilary Church

PayPal donations can be sent to me directly at: bayou_pirate@yahoo.com

I will use any monetary donations to buy items lacking, especially new underwear and at least one new uniform for each child we assist.

Feel free to read about some of my experiences on the other thread by clicking the link:

Shooters Helping Katrina