Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Youngsters At The Nats

SRT Driver

Here is a story from the LPR Nats...

During a break in the action on another hot day at PASA, along came this nine year old boy that looked like something out of Little Orphan Annie. He had the requisite long, curly hair and a Glock on his hip.

He walked up and said, "My name is Teepe and I'm on squad (whatever it was)." He sat and made small talk about how he was "only" D Class and other things until the rest of the squad showed up.

When it was his turn to shoot, his father walked up behind me and quietly said that it was alright to "correct" him if he did something wrong. The buzzer went off and I watched very closely.

My eyes got very wide after about the 4th round. Correction was unnecessary. His gun handling and shooting was better than many of the seasoned shooters I had run that day. He did exactly what he need to do and did it better than most.

And he had all of his hits, including a 25 yard US Popper and a swinger engaged through a port that was almost as tall as he was. The time was inconsequential.

D Class..not for long.

I wish I had a camera to have someone take a picture of me shaking his hand for a job well done. If he sticks with it and becomes a National Champion some day, I can say I had the pleasure of running him on another hot day at PASA. That alone made the trip memorable! :D

IS THIS TEEPY AND TERRY PORTER?!??! I was lucky enough to be squadded with them @ area 6, what an amazing father and son

Definitely enjoyed shooting w/ them then, and looking forward to seeing little Teepy succeed!

Yeap... those are the ones! Terry is a good friend, an extraordinary gentleman and he's raising Lil' Teepy accordingly. I was saddened to see Terry DQ'ed at the Nats but was very happy for Teepy finishing the match and I believe winning Junior Production!! ;)

Teepy and my Francisco are all business during our local matches, but when they take off the guns and rigs you gotta catch 'em with mouse traps!! :lol: