Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320rx upgrade problem

Jennslife15

Hi all,

I just received my "upgraded" p320 back tonight and it has a horrible problem. The slide sticks out 3/8 of an inch from going back into battery when I rack the slide. When I push it closed, there is a heavy metal on metal grinding noise and feeling, the whole time while closing. I am disgusted with Sig. How could they have sent this out to someone? I have cleaned and lubed it and the problem persists. If I do not close the takedown lever fully, the slide moves smoothly back and forth. Once I close the take town lever, the slide sticks 3/8 inches out and seriously grinds closed when I push it. Any ideas? I have a competition tomorrow night I was hoping to have this back in action for. Thank you in advance for any input you may have ?♥️?☺

Edited by Jennslife15
Spelling

I sent in 3 pistols for the upgrade: one 9mm full size, one 9mm RX full size, and one X5. One of them came back somewhat difficult to go back into battery. After swapping slides between them, then swapping strikers back and forth, I found that one striker was binding up / dragging as it was cocked going into battery if I just pulled the slide back partially rather than from full slide lock. Turns out it loosened up after firing a couple of magazines.  (I checked that it was in battery before firing each round for the first couple of magazines.)

I'd suggest checking if the striker is in wrong or has some foreign material on it before calling customer service.