Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-VTAC now with dawson sights, a range report

ZacSquatch

Got my dawson fiber optic front, black rear set off amazon because I had extra gift cards to burn.

https://www.amazon.com/Dawson-Precision-Competition-Fixed-Sight/dp/B01DPYN15I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516569380&sr=8-1&keywords=dawson+precision+sig+p320

I wasn't a fan on the VTAC sights for speed/competition, and since I bought this gun to run limited, I opted for the trusty dawsons.

Installed them using a buddies MGW universal sight pusher, and just eyeballed them on since I forgot my 9mm laser boresight.

bG9QFHe.jpg

I am pleased to report that I didn't screw it up, and they are dead on!!!

First groups were shot at 10 yards, from a supported position. 

98uI6km.jpg

First group of 4 rounds were 147 Speer Lawman, all 4 in the paster. :D
Second group is 4 rounds of my 124gr Berry's plates over 5.3gr of CFE pistol. Slightly low, and to the left, no biggy.

kIBdS83.jpg

I then pushed the target stand back to 25 yards and loaded 5 rounds of 147 Lawman again. I used 5 pasters, and the front sight covered it completely, but the results were awesome.

ediImb8.jpg
7oVR7BO.jpg

Then I walked up to 15 yards and shot offhand, 124gr Berry's loads again.
MYR00xb.jpg

I am Sofa-King Happy with this combo, and ready to start using it as my main gun and putting my regular full-size in reserve.

On 1/21/2018 at 3:16 PM, ZacSquatch said:

Got my dawson fiber optic front, black rear set off amazon because I had extra gift cards to burn.

https://www.amazon.com/Dawson-Precision-Competition-Fixed-Sight/dp/B01DPYN15I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516569380&sr=8-1&keywords=dawson+precision+sig+p320

I wasn't a fan on the VTAC sights for speed/competition, and since I bought this gun to run limited, I opted for the trusty dawsons.

Installed them using a buddies MGW universal sight pusher, and just eyeballed them on since I forgot my 9mm laser boresight.

bG9QFHe.jpg

I am pleased to report that I didn't screw it up, and they are dead on!!!

First groups were shot at 10 yards, from a supported position. 

98uI6km.jpg

First group of 4 rounds were 147 Speer Lawman, all 4 in the paster. :D
Second group is 4 rounds of my 124gr Berry's plates over 5.3gr of CFE pistol. Slightly low, and to the left, no biggy.

kIBdS83.jpg

I then pushed the target stand back to 25 yards and loaded 5 rounds of 147 Lawman again. I used 5 pasters, and the front sight covered it completely, but the results were awesome.

ediImb8.jpg
7oVR7BO.jpg

Then I walked up to 15 yards and shot offhand, 124gr Berry's loads again.
MYR00xb.jpg

I am Sofa-King Happy with this combo, and ready to start using it as my main gun and putting my regular full-size in reserve.

Looks good! Curious why you went with the vtac as opposed to the X5?

On 1/24/2018 at 9:29 AM, SCSU74 said:

Looks good! Curious why you went with the vtac as opposed to the X5?

Got a deal on a VTAC that I couldn’t pass up. After trade, I have less than $500 into it (traded in a P250 and shotgun that I had under $250 into total).

Edited by ZacSquatch

Zac, just curious, how was your point of aim with VTAC sights before you changed them out?  It was flat freezing when I shot mine, but my groups were around 2 inches low at 10 yard.

Groups were great, just seemed low, may have been my frozed hands.  What is the front and rear sight height and width you ordered on the Dawsns.