Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compensator For 9mm Ar-15

surfmaster

Olympic Arms makes one that I think works really well. It is a post ban with 4 set screws to hold it in place. Some will tell you that a 9mm does not need a comp. This may be true but I feel that by addind the Oly Comp does help reduce muzzle lift and felt recoil. It make the 9mm so much more enjoyable to shoot.

Mine is canted to about 30 deg. clockwise to help prevent the torque. I can do a 10rd burst at 20yds and keep all 10 in the A zone.

The pressures are lower in 9mm than with 5.56mm so a comp is of less value; but please let us know what you discover w/ the comp you buy.

I found that 147s seemed to shoot MUCH better in an AR than 115s or 124s. Accuracy was the same but the 115s had the sights jumping all over the place; 147s kept sights clear & on target. D.

• 1 month later...

I use a comp from BP-Tech on a 9mm, which works very well. I am only running a 6" barrel though, so I probably have a little more gas to work with.

With light bullets and a slow powder, you should still get a comp to work well on a 16+" gun.

ISSMC2004set2009.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone:

A few week and a half ago, my gunsmith installed an EGW first generation comp on my 9mm AR-15. I like how the comp reduces muzzle lift and slightly dampens recoil. It's not a big difference, but it's enough to warrant the cost of the comp. Bottom line is I would recommend it even thought the recoil-reduction benefits will not be as great as with a .223 compensator.

I also used my compensated rifle to win the tactical division during this weekend's state three-gun match. It was worth the investment.