Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Question

I thought about this some more.  (As an unsolicited plug--I've bought a lot of items from snowshooze on ebay and everything has been top quality.)  

The roller cam follower also made a huge difference in my 650's cycle.  

Now that I have just about everything you can put on a 650, I think I would buy them in this order:

1) strong mount / case feeder (these are truly essential in my opinion)

2) roller handle (I've had the Dillon one and the in-Line Fabrications one and I prefer the in-Line model because you stand closer to the press)

3) live primer catch ramp/bottle & spent primer catch system--these really changed things for me (no more picking up new or used primers

4) roller cam follower / detent ball (I also have the needle bearing, but you can wait on this)

5) some kind of extra light in the press (like an led strip)

I like this next set of items, but don't consider them essential:

6) bullet feeder (not necessary, but your per hour numbers will go up and the consistency of your finished rounds might improve from the bullet being place on the case the same way every time)

7) a press monitor (mine has a high and low handle sensor and keeps track of numbers and reminds me of maintenance needed)

And this is way over the top:

8) a camera pointing down into the case feeder so you can tell when you are low

9) a camera pointing down through the tool head so you can see what is going on with the tool head without having to crane your head around

That's my crazy set up.