Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti steelmaster issues

Shanevince

What exactly do I need to do to tune the ejector? I am tuning the extractor but have not tested again. Was thinking about the AFTEC, heard they are good but a pain to get in and out.

Top 1/3 way down in front slight angle and bottom 2/3 opposite angle making a bit of a point where the two meet. The aftec isn't hard to remove just be careful you don't loose the spring and spring holder when you push it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly do I need to do to tune the ejector? I am tuning the extractor but have not tested again. Was thinking about the AFTEC, heard they are good but a pain to get in and out.

Top 1/3 way down in front slight angle and bottom 2/3 opposite angle making a bit of a point where the two meet. The aftec isn't hard to remove just be careful you don't loose the spring and spring holder when you push it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought and installed the Aftec in my STI DVC, had to modify the back stop a little to get it to fit the Aftec. Have not tested it at the range yet, but it does hold the brass better than the original extractor. If this does not take care of the problem, I will get the ejector.

• 1 month later...

My Steelmaster had all sorts of extraction/ ejection problems due to very weak extractor tension (9ozs), out of the box. I retensioned the extractor to 28 oz and it cured the problem for a short time. I rechecked the tension on the extractor and it fell to 18 oz. I replaced the STI extractor with an Aftec extractor and its been running like a scalded dog ever since. Im Running 115 gr Montana Gold HP at 1060 fps. I also replaced the recoil master with a full length guide rod and 7lb recoil spring.

My Steelmaster had all sorts of extraction/ ejection problems due to very weak extractor tension (9ozs), out of the box. I retensioned the extractor to 28 oz and it cured the problem for a short time. I rechecked the tension on the extractor and it fell to 18 oz. I replaced the STI extractor with an Aftec extractor and its been running like a scalded dog ever since. Im Running 115 gr Montana Gold HP at 1060 fps. I also replaced the recoil master with a full length guide rod and 7lb recoil spring.