Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bul m5 ipsc

Hi!

I`m about to get my first gun for practical, and i looked

at two guns, Para-Ordance p16-40 Limited and BUL m5 IPSC, wich one is "best" . ps. i dont have the oppertunety to try them out because I live in Sweden, restricted gun control

Guest bulm5

I have been using the BUL m5 for the last 3 yrs and I love it. Reliable gun. the downside is, it is a lighter gun and will have a little moew flip IMO . I have added a tungsten guide rod and a heavy magwell. I think a bull barrel is in line in the near furture when my current skinny barrel wears out.

Have been impressed with the Bul M5 I have tried - it seems to be made with superior materials than the crack-prone Para. Does the "IPSC" model of the M5 you are considering come with a bushingless or bull barrel? A bull barrel goes a long way in lowering the muzzle flip in a plastic framed gun (I shoot a plastic framed STI w/ bull barrel). My vote would be for the Bul.

Guest bulm5

The IPSC model is only available with a bushing barrel. This may have changed though but I don't know. debating whether to put a bul barrel late this year or stay with a skinny barrel. A lot of guys that I shoot with has gone back to a bushing barrle with their long dustcover SVs and STIs. The other downside is, the IPSC model is not available in the U.S. right now.  Hoping it would be available soon.

MaxPower: don't let our discussion of bull barrels convice you that you need a heavy barrel; trust me, its not a big improvement (and apparently, it may actually be a hinderance to some!).

Although I choose to shoot an STI, I think the Bul/para will easily do 99% of what the STI will do - and it holds more .45 rounds in 140mm (Bevin gets them to hold something like 18 rounds).

Did not mean to complicate your simple question - my vote would be for the Bul M5 IPSC.