Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chrono questions for new reloader

Another new reloader here, I have not chrono'd any of my loads yet. I am looking to be in the 130-135 PF range because I shoot CCP in IDPA.

So far I have been loading to lower end of listed charges for my loads.

A few guys have offered to let me borrow their chrono but I really hate to borrow equipment that has a possibility of getting shot!

I thought chrono's usually were more expensive than the $70 range I see mentioned above. I may consider buying one since my wife was talking about getting me a $100 gift certificate for Christmas.

I have a few questions:

What brands does cabelas carry? I may be able to order one and have it shipped to store for free.

A lot of people have mentioned the phone apps, but I don't have a smart phone, would that change the recommendations based on not being able to download to phone? Can any of the models save the data to a USB thumb drive to transfer to a computer?

I seen to recall that using them inside under florescent lights can be an issue. since my club has both indoer and outdoor ranges which one would be best for use both indoors or outdoors?

Depending on powder, you're probably not making 130+pf loading to the low end of listed charges.

I don't know what chronos Cabelas has, but they're probably listed on their web site ;). And knowing Cabelas they're also probably over priced. You can order one on Amazon with free shipping, I got mine from Midway, just wait for one of their many sales.

I guess a phone app would be nice, but I don't really need one. I made a nice chrono log in Excel that I print out and bring with me to the range that will also do all the calculations for me.