Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reno/Tahoe area

Guys, I'll be in the the Reno/Tahoe area this week, looking for some gun shops/ranges to visit. Any good ones? I'm really into weird, unique, guns, not shops that just sell Glocks and AR's. I bought an old Silver Rush-era 1880's Colt the last time I was there. I'd love to get out and see what's around to pass the time.

Thanks,

Kyle

I'm a Reno resident, previously a Truckee/Tahoe resident of 18 years. Can't say I've ever been interested in "odd" or "unique" guns. That may be hit or miss on every shop's "consignment" case. There is a Willey Brothers shop which "advertises" as unique, but I only went in there once to distribute flyers for our shooting club.

As for venues, we have USPSA this Sunday (5th) at the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility. I am the PR person and USPSA assistant rep for our club. www.Facebook.com\wnplclub

There is one indoor range, called Big Shot, but these are boring to me. There is BLM land open for target shooters just a few minutes from me, at Eagle Canyon Road, off of Pyramid Hwy in Spanish Springs.

I'm back in St Louis now, but thanks. When I said odd or unique, just meant anything other than the typical Glock, M&P, AR lineup that every shop has. I visited a few shops in Carson and one at Tahoe, nothing to write home about.