Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9L and Safariland 014?

superslowmo

Forgive me if this has been asked, my search-fu hasn't gotten me much on this.

I am curious if the M&P 9L (5") will actually work with the Safariland 014. When I looked on the Safariland site, it indicates that the 014 is only compatible with the thumb safety model (but elsewhere seems to indicate otherwise). Has anyone found anything contrary to this? If you have, and it didn't function/retain the pistol correctly, were there any modifications that made it workable?

Now that I am all in on the sport again I am considering setting up a USPSA rig that I can swap between my M&P, G22, and 1911 with just a swap of an insert on the holster, and mag pouches with ELS on the off side.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ah Jeez, I think I just found it here.....

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202912

Saved me having to repeat myself :roflol: . If you decide on the 014, I'd recommend you call them to order, when I ordered mine from the website, I ended up with a 1911 model, seems that the software has a glitch that orders the wrong holster when the M&P model is selected. Safariland was great to deal with, I called them and they sent me the correct one before I sent the wrong one back, to me that's great customer service. They said they would look into the software problem, but I don't know if they did. Save yourself the potential delay and call and order it over the phone. BTW, the holster works great, can't imagine me using anything else (unless of course I find myself shooting IDPA, but I don't see that happening anytime soon :goof: )

Thanks for the info sir. I have two franken-rigs set up already, with a third that was in the making. :(

This will give me the opportunity to consolidate most everything to one belt and switch out carriers and such as I swap pistols.

Such a fun/money pit of a hobby this is....

So I managed to snag a 014 off of ar15.com from a guy that comes with Glock and 1911 inserts. I will contact Safariland to get an insert for the M&P, then start ordering mag carriers with ELS kits to swap everything around according to what I will shoot.