Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worth it to get additional training books?

shinne

So I have one book at the moment which is Ben Stoeger dry fire book. It's great, went over some of the drills to help me get started. I'm wondering if I should also get Steve Anderson dry fire book also. I heard it was good for beginners. I'm wondering if there's new stuff that I can learn from it or if it's just more of the same thing.

Also I want to get Ben Stoegers Skills and Drills for live fire. At the moment, I just kind of shoot at a static target while at the range. I'm kind of limited on what I can do at the range which is pretty much just shooting at one target from a holster draw. It kind of sucks but unless I'm an RO for the club I won't be able to get practice in. So I'd like to know if there drills that I can practice with the limitations I have at the range.

Ben recommends becoming 100% on the Frank Garcia Dot Drill http://pistol-training.com/drills/frank-garcias-dot-drillPrint a bunch of those and keep shooting them until you complete it.

More books ≠ more better. More practice = more better.

Steve's 3 books have more mental stuff in them (I get the feeling that you need to be good at all the physical skills first before you see the benefit in mental gaming), the dry fire drill aspect is similar. If I had to choose one for you, I'd say Ben's Skills and Drills.

I bought everyone's books, they are not that expensive, they contain nuggets of wisdom that you will get at different times, and someone has to support the guys in the industry, so why not?