Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Selecting a comp for glock open gun

Jgaeta2

Hi all. I was hoping to get some info about selecting a comp for my open glock. I have decided to use a glock 34, sjc sideways mount with c-more optic, and a kkm barrel to expedite the build time. It's my understanding that kkm barrels are "drop in" and require no fitting compared to a Barstow and still have a fully supportive chamber. Please correct me if Im wrong.

When selecting a Comp I'm curious to see which have had good success? Is one material better than another? I have see aluminum, steel, and titanium comps. Is one manufacture better than another? The idea is that I will shoot major power factor only through this gun so I'm looking for a comp to maximize this type of performance. Thanks in advance for all your help.

SJC or Carver Customs will work fine with your barrel and major loads. SJC can be pickier with loads. I use a Carver Comp on mine. He has a 3 port for Minor / Major loads if you want to switch back and forth. And he has a 4 port for Major only.

You can email or call him if you have any questions. One of the reasons I went with his stuff on my Open Glock is because he spent the time with me emailing back and forth and even talked to him on the phone a few times while I was figuring everything out. He was very helpful and very patient with me. We talked back and forth, him answering my questions for a few months while I made up my mind. He sells his stuff and he sells SJC stuff as well.

http://w.iwebcenters.com/bbenterprise2/ecommerce/comps-barrels-glock-xdm-s-w-m-p/glock/glock-compensators.cfm

Edited by Tuflehundon