Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load data -starting point with 124gr Campro (9mm) and Silhouette

mskip

Totally new to reloading, so please bear with me on this.

Pistol powder is hard to get here in BC, Canada so only thing available was Silhouette. Got some 124gr rn plated campro bullets (apparently same as berrys...).

It will be plinking round (no need for certain PF) on new Grand Power k100.

Any suggestions on starting loads, oal, etc...

Any advice/comment is appreciated!

Thx

Silhouette is a little slower than HS 6 according to my burn rate chart. That being the case I would look for load data closer to HS 6 as a guideline along with Win Auto Comp. Start at suggested minimum loads and work up until you find a load that works. The 9MM case is relatively small so you likely will run out of room before you start seeing pressure signs. Just go slow.

Take Care

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Loaded some round 124gr plated RN with 5.1gr, 5.4gr and 5.8gr (OAL was 1.145"). Cam-pro RN projectiles are triple plated and a tiny bit "fatter" and rounder then Berrys projectiles (same type).

Pistol cycled all without problem. On lowest charge noticed that brass is going out in a bit lower trajectory. Highest charge were little bit snappier (just a feeling, I could be wrong!) and brass was going out in a bit wider trajectory. Some not burned powder residue on brass was found. Middle charged seemed to get nice grouping (of hand 7yds).

Unfortunately no chrony to get all of the data...

Cheers

Edited by mskip