Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Intro and questions

I use to shoot matches at a local club back in the late 80’s. Then family and life put a hold on most of my shooting. Now that my kids are getting a little older I am starting to renew my old interest!

I have been reading a lot of the posts on this sight and am amazed at the look of the guns! Wow I like them!

One of my favorites was shooting steel. I have a few questions, and more to come.

1.Are there any clubs around north west Ohio that shoot steel plates?

2. What is the popular timer that everyone is using during practice sessions?

3. Did any of you guys ever shoot at the club in Lima OH. back then?

Thanks

Steve

I think I shot at about the last USPSA match that was held at the Lima club. That was Setember of 2000.

It was a "special classifier match". I drove a few hours to get there (from Columbus).

It seemed like a lot of the "locals" were milling around. So, my girlfriend and I (we were new shooters) helped set the match up. Thinking back, that is probably why they quite having matches...not enough help (in a volunteer sport).

The Lima club used to shoot steel plates (I think the shooters that made the steel plates that we use at Circleville also made the plates for the Lima club). I don't think they shoot it now.

You should be able to find some USPSA matches within driving range (Dayton, Ft. Wayne, Toledo, south MI).

The host of this forum sells the Pact Mk-IV timer and chrono. First rate. http://brianenos.com/pages/pact.html

Thanks I have been wanting to get a new chronograph. So the MKIV looks like the way to go.

There is so much new equipment and different shooting games. Are there any magazines that would be good to subscribe to? I get Guns & Ammo and have switched from the NRA hunting to American Rifleman. I also get some other hunting magazines. I am SO behind the times on this.

Steve

Steve,

I also took a long time off. 20+ years. The guns these days are way more cool that those antiques you shot. :P I got a Bedell short open gun a year ago and haven't looked back. There is much more information on these forums than you will ever get from all the magazines published. Oh, and you will need to practice, shooters these days are much better than 20 years ago.

Mike