Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Closings

dirtypool40

So we shoot our local match, actually a great 8 stager, then we had a BBQ at my place and plans to practice with buddies the next day.

The next day, the first of us that makes it to the range calls the rest of us:

"Guys, the range is locked up and the sign says Due to Civil unrest we are closing indefinately, It's not a good idea to have civilians running around with guns."

Such is the joy of trying to shoot your sport in an unstable 3rd world country.

Oh yeah, that and we all just paid our yearly dues three weeks ago.

Nice. <_<

"Due to Civil unrest . . . , It's not a good idea to have civilians running around with guns."

Most unfortunate. As for the excuse of "civil unrest", that is exactly the time when civilians SHOULD be running around with guns in my opinion. Sure, the government would provide the patronizing response: "There could be an accident & the army could shoot you!" - which sounds to me a bit like: "you could shoot your eye out!". I prefer to take care of my own, thanks. Has the world learned nothing from the formation of the United States, our second amendment, the LA riots, etc. etc.?!?! Pity.

Don't even get me started...wait I already did with the topic. Oops.

Yeah, and the ONLY time you see cops / Military out practicing is when there's a disturbance. It's so poor here they have to buy their own guns and ammo, and therefore don't really practice at all.

The gun handling I have seen is horrifying, both from civilians and LEO / Mil.

They are like a bad movie from the 50's, they gesture and point with the gun as if it was a sandwich or cup of coffee. They stand at 10y and can't HIT the target, no ears, no eyes, then sweep their friends as they explain their "technique".

all I"m saying is they better open the damned range soon or I will stage my own protest!!! :angry:

[ Kate Winslet as Rose De Witt in Titanic while clinging to a piece of ship and freezing her butt off in the water mode on/]

Come back Eric... Come back...

[mode off/]

Sunny Florida, the Gunshine State, awaits you!

;)